This is an opportunity for the sport to recognize those horses and riders who excelled in Eventing throughout the year. It is also an opportunity to recognize and honor the very important people who have served the sport tirelessly both in a non-riding capacity and riding capacity during their golden years.
While it is a simple matter of tabulating points earned in a competition to arrive at horse and rider awards, it is a very different proposition when it comes to the non-rider awards; these awards require nominations from our members.
The Appreciation Awards Committee is currently accepting nominations for the awards listed here. If you know someone who is deserving of one of these awards, please submit your nominations for consideration to (or submit online below):
Cathy Forsberg, Chairman of the USEA Appreciation Awards Committee
c/o USEA Attn: Hannah Temple
Deadline for nominations: Friday, November 13, 2020
The US Eventing Awards Ceremony will be held during the virtual USEA Annual Meeting and Convention event. Further details will be announced in the near future.
APPRECIATION AWARDS CATEGORIES:
- Courtney C. Reeves Memorial Trophy: Awarded to the young individual who exemplifies sportsmanship, the spirit of the sport, and who gives back to the sport.
- Eventing Groom Trophy: The purpose of the award is to recognize the vital role played by the groom who works countless hours behind-the-scenes to make sure their charges are healthy, happy, and poised for success.
- Ironmaster Trophy: Awarded to the individual that exemplifies fortitude and courage. Open to anyone associated with the sport as a volunteer, spectator, official, trainer, competitor, groom, or groundskeeper.
- Vintage Cup: Awarded to members 60-years of age and over who are competing at any level in recognized USEA competitions and who show good sportsmanship.
NOMINATION FOR CONSIDERATION IS TO INCLUDE:
- Name of the award
- Name of the nominee
- Address of the nominee
- USEA area
- Age of the nominee (if applicable)
- Reason for the nomination.
- Should include a concise, but detailed biography of your nominee.
- Clearly describe the attributes that pay tribute to the criteria of the award up for consideration.
- If your nominee is selected, a photo will also be required.
To make this experience exciting for both the recipients and attendees of the Awards Dinner, the names selected will be kept a secret until the award is presented. Although it may not be an easy task, we ask those making the nomination to ensure that the candidate is able to attend the Awards Dinner.